Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Monday, April 13, 2009

EaStEr

I'm not so good at uploading my images to photobucket, so I'll put them here. These are much more recent and easy to see than on photobucket anyway. As you can tell we had a fun Easter! Ayden watched me do a couple of our eggs and then of course wanted to join in. But he hasn't quite grasped the concept that eggs are delicate and that the words 'soft', 'careful', and 'do not throw' actually mean what they mean. So naturally that ended us with six cracked Easter eggs that were enthusiastically chucked into the dyes. I finally wised up-yes it did take six eggs to get the idea! So I helped him put the eggs nicely into the dye.
He wasn't as happy with this idea, because he didn't get to do it by himself anymore. But for the sanity of everyone else, it was totally worth it! Once Ayden realized that when he put the egg into the dye it came out another color, he was thrilled! He'd tell me what color he wanted to put his egg into next. I did have to remind him of what colors were out there. He was most
interested in 'lellow' and 'ornge' I did a couple eggs on my own in the blues and greens and once I took them out and let them dry for a bit, Ayden would snag them and throw them into his two
colors of preference. I am just so glad that we had paper plates and paper towels laid down... and not to mention that our table is a hand-me-down. It made things a lot less stressful! Once we actually finished the eggs, we got to stare at them for about an hour. He was so proud of his creations. I had to fight to get the eggs actually put away.
As you can see half of the eggs are in his colors and the other half were dumped in his colors and luckily were saved so that we didn't have an all yellow and orange egg Easter. Which honestly
wouldn't be all that bad, I just like my cold colors over my warm colors. Anyway- all in all we had a good time and an pretty easy clean-up considering I was dealing with a 22 month old!
Sunday was a pretty great day too. At first he didn't really get why he had to go around and pick up all of the eggs. And to be honest, if I hadn't been raised with the same tradition, I would be thinking the same thing he was... "So what's the point of all this?" I opened one of the plastics eggs he found and there was candy inside for him. That changed his mind very quickly as to the value of egg hunting!

He would find an egg, come over to me to open it and eat what was inside. After doing this for about 5 eggs, I figured it can't be all that good for him to be shoveling candy down his throat that fast, so I would just take the eggs and put them in his basket. He was not pleased with this and tried to hang onto every egg he found. I eventually had to pry the eggs he'd already found out of his hands and put them in the basket so he would go collect more. There's only so much his little arms can carry and that's about 1 egg per hand. haha It really was a ton of fun to play with him. We did eventually get all of the eggs into his basket and then of course he dumped them all out, because naturally that's what little boys do.
Here's a few pictures of his after the hunt adventure.
Putting eggs into the basket... or so you'd think.
And then another picture of him after he'd found all his eggs and dumping his entire basket out, because like I said before, this is just what has to be done if you're a boy. Actually I think if I was a little girl again, I'd do the same thing. And now I'm just rambling. I hope you liked the pictures and I hope it gives you a fun picture in your head of what Easter is like at this Kunz residence. And even though you don't see Ethan in

these pictures, he was
definitely there, getting
eggs dumped on him.






















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last Easter my nephew was still new at the egg hunting thing. All my other neices, nephews and cousins took off to collect as many eggs as possible, which is the smart thing to do. My nephew didn't understand that though. He would find an egg, spend forever trying to open it and then eat the candy, so he'd get about 2 eggs and all the others would be gone. I felt bad for him but he was only interested in eating the candy he had right then and there!