Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Letter with photos now!


 


For some of you this will be old news, but I still wanted to share our Christmas Letter with the rest of you! Something has happened to the option of adding photos. So... once I mess around with this I'll actually add the photos I want on here.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I am starting to feel like McKay and I have thrust ourselves into the fast lane! There’s no turning back now! I might as well say goodbye to quiet nights with a book or anything similar; having two little boys 19 months apart who must idolize the Energizer Bunny is not for Mommy’s that want quiet. We just seem to keep going and going and going around here.

At the beginning of this year McKay and I had our beautiful second son Ethan- which IF you were paying attention to the first paragraph you would know there was another little squirt running around our house. He is 11 months old now, crazy how time flies! Ethan’s been walking for a few months now, but has recently just mastered it. I use the word ‘mastered’ loosely here. When he is surprised or excited by something he will point and say enthusiastically “Woah!” He is also a scrappy little fighter. I’ve learned that most of the fights he gets into with Ayden are usually his own fault.

Ayden is 2 ½ years old now and a very bright little man. When he’s not teasing he can count to 10. He loves to draw snowmen and drive little cars around! He also likes to fill our home with his rendition of his favorite snowman song. I would compare him to a broken record- he’ll usually get stuck on the word melted for an indefinite amount of time. Lately he’s been going around the house hugging things, tilting his head and sweetly saying “Awww, I vuv you cup” or “I vuv you bruder”. His love does not exclude anyone or anything in our home. Which honestly, McKay and I love, we get so much affection from him!

McKay has had a roller coaster of year to say the least. At the beginning of the year he was going to school part time and working full time. Our goal is to be in school for the rest of our lives and the way it’s going right now, we will not be disappointed! After he finished his spring semester he became ill and remained ill. We finally went to the doctor, they poked, they prodded, pinched, and bit… ok- no pinching or biting, BUT after all the bodily harassment, we found out that McKay has liver disease. He does not need a transplant; he just has to stop eating for it to go away, piece of cake- correction, piece of NO cake. The doctor explained to McKay that his liver is collecting all the fat in the food he eats, which I guess ALL food has some sort of fat. So the fat stays in his liver and the only time his body can work the fat out is when he’s not eating…. Yeah...the doctor told him to significantly reduce the amount he eats at meals. He’s supposed to just snack all day so that little amounts are going into his system. I’m hoping this coming year will improve for McKay.

As for me- I’m still trucking along. I work every evening at ancestry.com still. McKay works there during the day and I have the nights. I honestly enjoy getting out of the house every night. I love my kids, but I love them more when I don’t see them all the time! I am currently reapplying to go back to school, so hopefully this spring that will happen! I have been trying to exercise more this year, we bought a double running stroller and I really enjoyed it, but I’m a fair weather runner and once it goes below 60 degrees I decide that my running season is over. This winter instead of sitting inside going crazy, I’m going to sign Ayden up for something, swimming, gymnastics, or little ninja’s karate. I haven’t decided yet, but I’m excited for whatever it will be!

Overall we have had a beautiful year. We have been blessed with kind neighbors, good friends and wonderful family. I am so grateful for the Christmas season and the reminder of our Savior’s birth and love for us. I have seen his blessings and love in every aspect in my life and I pray that you see his love for you as well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: