Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Baby and School

I haven't really had a chance this summer to take very many photos, that probably has to do with the fact that I've run out of memory on my memory card and I'm too cheap to buy another one AND I don't like deleting photos off of them. Although, I should probably invest in a new memory card soon since we'll be adding a 3rd child to this family soon!!! I'm about 8 1/2 months pregnant now.... or somewhere around there. And don't let people fool you into thinking being pregnant is only a 9 month process, because it's not, it's 10. Count with me: 40 weeks = 10 months.... NOT 9. In any case though, I'm closer to being done than not!! This picture here was probably me around 7 1/2 months. I don't feel like I look much bigger, but I'm sure I am. At least my feet aren't swollen. We'll just forget about the constant back pain, the charlie horses that wake me up, the acid reflux, the constant need to pee, AND the braxton hicks contractions that have been plaguing me for months now! :) Hey, at least I get a cute little baby out of this.
On other news, I am still working full-time. My poor co-workers have never had a slower person to work with.

A and E are both signed up for school! How crazy!! A is going into kindergarten and we're all very excited for him. He is especially excited. At least once a day he looks at the calendar and asks me to remind him of when he starts school. Just the other day we went to Jump On It- a trampoline park with a foam pit- and A, my very cautious, self preserving child was doing front flips!! Tons of them! And it was terrifying to watch. Every time he started a flip I was pretty sure that he was going land on his neck, scrape his face up or hurt himself in a way that would make him never want to do front flips ever again. He did land on his head a few times, but he got right back up and kept doing flips. What a proud moment for me! I did realize that landing on his head/neck is a little different for him than for an adult. For one, he's barely off the ground when he does his flips, he only has about 40lbs of weight to throw into a flip and when he flips his body around- he's not rocketing his body over himself at intimidating speeds. He just lets his head stay centered and goes fast enough for his body to follow. All in all, he did a great job and I'm giving props to myself for not jumping up every time he landed on his head.


E is excited to go to school too, but I don't think he quite knows what he's getting himself into. To be honest, I'm not sure the pre-k teacher knows what she's getting herself into either. So, at Jump On It, he head butted a kid who threw a foam block at him. EVEN though they were both doing it and having fun. E just decided that he was done and proceeded to nail the kid right in the head. Honestly, I think that would hurt my head, but he looked at me like it was no big deal, while the other kid wailed behind him. I think the other kid was acting a little dramatic. :P I'm just curious to see how pre-k works out for this little man. I don't know if any of you remember, but some of the high schools in Oregon and apparently here in Utah, have a child development class, our kids were called the Baby Gophers and the class was awesome! So that's was E is doing here in Utah, he's going to be a Wee Wolf.


Daddy M is starting school soon as well. We're hoping if things go as planned that he'll be done with BYU by next September! I'm excited and a little scared of all the change that has to offer us. We won't be done with school, but hopefully we'll be starting M's 4-year program into his doctorate! I'm just glad that for the time being, he just needs to focus on school and not work.

Next post? I think will be after baby is born!!!!





1 comment:

CaroFamily said...

Jen you are just too cute pregnant! I can't wait to see you and hopefully your new little boy :)