Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thunderstorm of 2010

I love thunderstorms. They are truly magnificent and terrifyingly destructive all at the same time. 
There is no doubt in my mind that a God exists when I see a thunderstorm roll in. The sky goes from blue, to beautiful and terrifying shades of black, grey, green, and purple. The clouds embrace the sky and reflect what looks like one of the most fluffy comforters I've ever come across. Thunderous cannons erupt from the sky and explode into lightning shards and pelting rain. What a spectacular sound and sight! I could sit for hours on my front porch and watch the rain dance on our street.
My boys have adopted my love of thunderstorms. I caught them taking in the beautiful view from my room.
After they retired from the window, the thought of the thunderstorm remained on their minds. Before bed, we again went outside and watched the rain fall (it was still falling with a vengeance), listened to the thunder and searched for lightning; all the while singing 'It's raining it's pouring, the old man is snoring...' As soon as my lap began to die from their bony little bottoms, we went inside and sang some more while snuggling on the couch. A seemed a bit warm to me, so I asked Daddy to come over and "give him a kiss on the forehead?" 

E heard my request, leaned over and kissed his brothers forehead. :) And then Daddy did it for good measure since E couldn't really tell us if it felt too hot or not. He was fine, but apparently was not finished with getting kisses. 

A asked Daddy, 'Now a funder tiss Daddy!" 
Daddy, "A what kiss?"
A, "A funder tiss!"
I had to translate, "A thunder kiss." 
Daddy smiled and began to give A a thunder kiss. "kkkkkkeeeeeewwwwwbooooom!" *mwah* landed the kiss.

He was so thrilled with his thunder kiss that he got about three more as well as E. We're such a loving family around here that we couldn't be the only ones giving kisses. Pretty soon both A and E are making their own thunder noises and kissing my arms, cheeks and forehead. 

I love thunderstorms.

2 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

ha ha ha!! That is so cute!!

Sheri said...

I love thunderstorms as well. Some of my favorites were in Omaha. YOu may not remember those too well but they were WONDERFUL!! Sometimes so loud that they shook the house. One of the things I missed about Omaha was their great storms.... that and the fireflies. : )
LOVE YA MOM