Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Boys Boys Boys

So I was browsing the internet last night while thinking of this blog and I wanted to find a picture of what the lady at the doctor's office did to Ayden. We just had another appointment for both boys this last week. Ayden's 2 year check-up and Ethan's 4 month one. They both had to get shots and boy do I ever hate it! It's not as bad as it was the first time with Ayden, because I know for sure now that they'll get over it and it is for their own good. I did get a little shocker this time around. The woman at the office that rolls around with all the needles and sticks all the babies with them decided to stick Ayden in a different spot than his thigh. She told me to lay Ayden across my lap- sort of like I'm going to swat his bum- and she gave him a shot on his hip! You'd think by now I'd be immune to little surprises like this, but I was not in any way prepared for that. So now that I had been properly shocked and had time to comfort Ayden- Ethan got poked a good 3 or 4 times. I am just SO glad I decided to have their appointments at the same time. But seriously- I was... just not as it was happening. :) The picture above that I have failed to talk about is Ethan's new thing to do. He wants to be carried all over the place. I mean who doesn't want that?! He only gets a short period of time that I can do this- so I'm not entirely

opposed to carting him all over in his carrier. As you can see he's got his little fingers in his mouth, this has also become his norm. I have to sometimes pull his entire fist out of his mouth just to feed him and the entire time I'm doing this, he's yelling at me and trying with all his might to shove the drool soaked fist back into his mouth. While I am carrying him though, he changed his routine to sticking his little tongue out and licking the carrier. Very cute little boy. He's also just barely begun to roll over. Its still quite a fight for him to get over his arm and he does get pretty frustrated, but its such a triumph for him and me to see him roll over! I love watching him develop! He watches me leave and cries out in frustration when I don't pay attention to him or leave a room without bringing him along. And of course we cannot forget about Ayden! He is such a smart little boy! And I know that everyone pretty much says that about their own child, but I'm hoping that if I say it enough

times it will actually come true. His new thing is to say "You scared me!" while clutching his heart whenever you surprise him. :) Of course it sounds more like "da sair me!" I'm glad that I have my English to toddler dictionary memorized in my head! Ayden has also seemingly graduated from coloring on paper to coloring on our tile floor...the walls... his brother... himself... and me when he gets a chance. He's just too good for paper these days. :) The doc said he's growing great! His head is still off the chart. He's actually tall for his age for the first time in his young life. I can only assume that based off his genetic pool that this will be most likely the last time he'll be tall for his age!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Very Fun Story.... I like the picture of Mr. Smiley Boy. And Mr Drool Boy. These are very cute pictures and stories. Thanks for sharing them with me. MOM