Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Here Comes the Sun

It's been so long since we've seen the sun that when it came out a few days ago we started to froth at the mouth and hide in the dark corners of our house! Then after the few seconds of crazed insanity, we crawled out of our holes, wiped our foaming mouths off and went outside to bask in the light of our old "new" friend!
First we had to eat something to keep up our energy. We spent a lot of it inside panicking at the new sun. Once we ate. . .
. . . we felt ready to take on the sun! 

We turned on the sprinklers and bravely stepped out onto the grass to play. It was a terrifying feat at first. So much uncertainty about the grass we thought we'd never see again. It was strange under our un-socked toes! Luckily though, we had E, my brave 2 1/2 year old.

 He stalked the water like it was defenseless little bunny. It never stood a chance once his primal instincts kicked back in and he romped freely through the sprinklers!
A as always is the more cautious one. He didn't really get into the sprinklers until Mommy came, picked him up and swooped him through the very middle of the spray. At first it was a shock to his very white little body! He screamed in protest and hate at myself and the evil water. BUT once the sun, who we finally decided was a friend, dried him up quickly, he was ready for more sprinkler fun.

So long as Mommy was the one running him through it like Superman.

This didn't last me long. I was not all that interested in getting soaked by the ice sprinkler. So I improvised and took some pictures with A to distract him. It worked for a bit. But then it attracted another little white monster.

E!!! He was not about to be left out of a photo op.

All in all it was a WONDERFUL day. We laughed, we cried- the water was cold!, we basked in the sun, read books, ate, and rolled around in Tonka Trucks. I really love the sun!

For those of you wondering. E was babysat a few days before this lovely sunny day and his Auntie and Uncle decided that to go along with his rambunctious personality, he gets a rambunctious haircut! And Daddy M rather enjoys the cut.... so we still have it. :) I have to admit, I don't mind it much either. But we'll see how long it lasts.


2 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

I love the sun! Your post makes me wish it was actually sunny today...I'm not sure who is going more crazy beino stuck inside, me or Evelyn.
And ps, cute swimsuit

Sheri said...

I love all the fun pictures.... I am so glad to be seeing you guys very soon : ) Maybe we can have sunshine too while you are here.