Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Difference between baby #1 and baby #3

I feel like I've become somewhat seasoned it parenting. Or more specifically in parenting toddlers. I was watching a new mom act like I know I did when I was a new mom couldn't help but internally roll my eyes. I wanted to see what things had changed for me from having my first kid to now preparing to have my third.


  • baby #1- if you didn't ask to hold him. I was ticked off.
  • baby #3- I don't really care if you hold him. As a matter of fact, want to take him for a while?
  • baby #1- if your child was younger than 8 there was no way he or she was going to hold my baby.
  • baby #3- as long as your kid is sitting down and depending on their age- ANYONE can hold him!
  • baby #1- no one in the world was getting close to him unless their hands were washed.
  • baby #3- please just don't stick your fingers in his mouth. 
  • baby #1- I wanted to stay as LONG as I could at the hospital. Going home terrified me.
  • baby #3- I will be staying the required 24 hours and getting the heck out of there!
  • baby #1- if he was sleeping, I would do everything in my power to keep my house quiet
  • baby #3- well, quite isn't really possible anymore. He better learn how to sleep through things.
  • baby #1- I'd carry him in his car seat all the time.
  • baby #3- hahahahaaha..... yeah, I don't think so.
  • baby #1- No one was going to babysit him because I wanted to spend as much time with him as I could.
  • baby #3- Honestly, I hope people will still be willing to watch my kids now. 
  • baby #1- I had to collect everything cute and perfect for a nursery so it looked magazine appropriate.
  • baby #3- He doesn't even have a crib. Welcome to your port-a-crib kido!
  • baby #1- everything about being pregnant was exciting and new and interesting and a little scary.
  • baby #3- am I done yet? No? I'm only 22 weeks along?...... uuuuuuugh.
  • baby #1- I thought it was cute that my hubby wanted to run to the store at 1am for my food cravings.
  • baby #3- I tried asking him that once a few weeks ago. He didn't take me seriously. :)
  • baby #1- random pains from bending, stretching or moving terrified me. Especially if they really hurt.
  • baby #3- welcome to being pregnant. You're going to have random pains!
  • baby #1- everyone on the planet wanted to give me advice. ALL the time.
  • baby #3- No one gives me advice. They just secretly question my parenting skills. 

I do feel like I've learned quite a bit. I'm sure there's more I could add to this list. But for now, we'll just leave it at that. New moms out there. Chill out a bit, it's okay for some stuff to happen during pregnancy and after pregnancy when your little peanut is here. Yeah you should still be safe with your baby, but take things in perspective. My kids have eaten dirt, eaten food they found under the kitchen table after hours have passed since the last meal, and milk that was sitting out a little too long. They've also eaten food they've found IN the dirt that wasn't ours WITH their dirty hands AND they're still alive. :) 

The best thing I've learned though? Don't take yourself too seriously. Because honestly, you've never been a parent before, you're going to mess up and you're going to keep messing up. I might be a pro at toddlers--ok, I can't even say that with a straight face-- I'm not even a pro at toddlers. You're kids are going to challenge you each in new and different ways and we as parents are all just hoping we don't mess them up too severely! *or at least I'm hoping for that*

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Well said.... I whole heartedly agree. And it just gets better and better all the time : )

Meredith Williams said...

I totally agree with you....the only one I think different is the hospital stay. With the second I was actually looking forward to the hospital stay. People waiting on me 24 hours and it was so nice to have a little break from Evelyn