Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July Eve

I hope that when you read this, you take your time and enjoy my words, because it truly was a beautiful night.

Through my eyes:

I'd just rolled out of the Thomson's home at 10:00 at night. Both my boys in tow. Ethan was already asleep and Ayden was oohing and aahing at the illegal fireworks he saw down the road. We'd just had a wonderful day my husband's relatives. It was just one of those nights, the kind worthy of the movies--a good movie mind you. A night worth sleeping outside on your trampoline. A night for star gazing, roasting marshmallows, and in my case, a night I won't soon forget. And this is the reason why.

As I drove home with my children, I rolled down the back windows. The smell of 4th of July fireworks in the air. I couldn't help but smile at how perfect this day was. Ayden was matter-of-factually telling me he saw the "Moon Mommy! Der it is, der it is." Each word a little lower in tone than the first.

I started to get close to BYU and the traffic thickened. The parade is tomorrow morning and the people in Utah like to sleep overnight on the side of the road. Normally this bothers me because it significantly slows traffic, but tonight I found it fascinating.

I stopped at a light and heard music in the background, Ayden was curiously watching the goings on, Ethan--still sound asleep. We crawled forward with the rest of the cars and I saw blankets with children laying on them, chairs roped off, tents with people out front playing games or talking. One little girl was getting her hair combed by her older sister while they chattered happily. Many officers walked through the crowd or engaged themselves in conversation with pleasant adults. Kids and adults riding bikes on the sidewalk and some even barbecuing what smelled like chicken.

I had to get through two more lights before I turned toward home. I'm glad each turned red. My white car pulled to a stop next to ten motorcycles. The children along the road waved as they stopped. They randomly revved their engines, much to the glee of the waving kids. The light opposite ours turned yellow and every motorcyclist jumped up and ran to another bike. Scrambling every which way, bumping into each other and laughing. I, along with everyone camped on the sidewalk were thoroughly amused. Many clapped and cheered- I just smiled. Our light turned green and they roared off. I was stopped again at the next light, once again, next to the bikers. They again began to rev their engines. It was then that I noticed five blonde little heads poke out of the back of a silver SUV. It had the window in back that pops up, and each one all under the age of ten had their little fingers and heads poking out watching the bikers. I couldn't help but grin. The light soon turned green and the bikers roared away again as I turned right to head home; disappointed that I was missing out on the fun.

No comments: