Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

One thing or another

We have been pretty busy around here with such and such and I realized I had a few photos sitting in my camera waiting to be shared. Today I was vacuuming one of our rugs and Ethan scooted himself over and had a look. The only words I can come up with for his look toward the vacuum is utter fascination and curiosity! Their first introduction was not the most pleasant and ever since they have avoided each other.
There is something rather terrifying about the sudden roar of a vacuum that Ayden was not so keen on. So today at a safe distance from each other, I turned it on and Ethan decided it was as good a time as any to figure out what the heck this machine was.
My boys also seem to have this love of baby powder. I'll poof it onto their little bottoms and each seems to really enjoy it. Ayden will laugh usually and make a goofy face and Ethan will give me a big smile while...yes.... Ayden watches me powder his tooshie. What a blessing it will be for these boys to never remember such intimate moments of their young life.
A few days ago I bought a little $10 swimming pool and set it up right outside my front door. And then brought everyone and a book out with me to enjoy the weather and water. Ethan was very content to just sit in his lambie chair.
I caught him several times licking his chops or sucking on his upper lip OR playing with the new appendages that he has discovered he has. I sure love my little guy!
Ayden on the other hand has a lot more freedom than Ethan and had a great time running around mostly outside of the pool. Leaving me to wonder 'why the heck did I buy this thing again? The kid on the box looks happy to be in the water? Why won't my kid just sit in the water and play?'





He was more interested in sitting next to me while I read.










Or he was more interested in grabbing the huge beach ball and throwing it at me and then throwing it back in the water. Repeating this over and over again until I told him to stop. The photos I did manage to get of him in the water were when I stuck him in there and said "don't move." All in all we did have a nice time, even if it lasted only a 1/2 hour at most!

3 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

THat is a sweet pool! I like how you got your pictures to be black and white except the pool. Do you have some photo program that does that? I'm so out of the times.......also, I can't believe how big Ethan is. I remember seeing him right after he was born in the chair and NOW his legs dangle out of it! so cute

J and M K family said...

No I don't have a photo program. I wish I did though! Its actually a feature on my camera. I can select it to show the color yellow and it'll pull that color out. Pretty cool stuff! Especially since its a nice, but basic camera.

It is crazy how fast they grow too! I love it though!

Sheri said...

I am back from camp and am getting ready for your family visit!! Very excited to see you all.
Maybe we can get a little pool and put it on the back deck.... so Ayden can.... not sit in it! : )
MOM