Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Catching Up!

I've been collecting pictures in my camera and realized that I have been neglecting the photos and need to put them up so grandparents and friends can enjoy them! Of our two children, Ethan is the cuddliest. This isn't really saying much since he's only barely cuddlier than Ayden and Ayden doesn't really ever sit still enough to cuddle. A few days ago I caught McKay and Ethan enjoying a nice little cuddly moment. Yes they aren't even touching, but the fact that Ethan was thrilled to sit up there with his Dad for about a half hour... because of the banana... BUT that's besides the point! He stayed up there with McKay and crawled all over him stopped to rest his head on his Daddy and munch on the banana, that McKay says gave him a hand cramp. Cursed bananas!

We went to Costco a few days ago to collect the much needed laundry detergent, paper towels and diapers and in our case, the much hated previously listed items! Who the heck thinks as a child or even teenager- 'Heck I'm going to grow up, get a job, and have all this money so I can pay for the bills, the light bulbs, diapers and similar crap!' I don't think so. More like 'With all the money I'm going to get I'm going to buy a car, sweet clothes and some shoes!'.... etc. Back on track! If you look closely at Ayden's head you'll see a fatty bruise on the left side.

There's a better view. We had both boys in the Costco cart and stopped to look at some clothes. Ayden was standing with a container full of cheerios when we decided to keep going. He doesn't quite have balancing himself down and when we started to move the cart, his hands were still glued to his cheerios, so he mushed his head into the grating on the floor of the cart. Mush is not an over exaggeration. I don't know how he ended up head first, but he did and the cheerios ended up sprayed all over the floor. A manager came by to make sure everything was alright and we made a hasty exit after he offered to clean the mess. Why must people gravitate toward calamity like a fly to poo?!



Ayden's new favorite thing to do- trap Ethan in said laundry basket and then sit on it. Wait for him to start crying and then run for it when Mom or Dad comes to see why the baby is furious.

A couple of days ago, McKay was feeling pretty good and decided to play with the boys. The look of pain on Ayden's face here is actually a look of sheer joy and excitement! All three boys were running around wrestling, tackling each other and tickling. McKay was doing most of the tickling and both kids were eating it up!

Ethan half the time didn't know what the heck was going on. He was pretty cute to watch though. He would crawl over to the fray and then roll over like a puppy dog so that McKay could blow strawberries on his belly. He couldn't get enough of it! Ethan just started this thing when he gets excited, where he'll crawl really fast and look at the floor and shake his head back and forth. So that's what McKay got to see coming at him.

Ayden wanted to help blow strawberries, but instead just squished Ethan, who didn't seem to mind until Ayden tried to scrape his bottom half over Ethan's head.


We've just discovered that someone really LOVES Rice Crisp... that doesn't sound right, but I can't think of what it's actually called or if that IS really right. Ayden asked me for three bowls yesterday and it cracked me up to see his Rice Crispy goatee!

I just finished the beanie Ayden's wearing yesterday. Its the first one I've made in a looong time and decided to let Ayden try it on even though it's sized for my head. He. Loved. It. I'll have to make one that fits his head before it gets too cold. He took it with us on a walk today and was very cute with his too big beanie. Man some of the ladies I meet at the playground. I tell you, that place draws the crazies in like a beehive does a bear! And no I am not one of the crazies! There were four women that came with their kids. By the conversions I heard they were either sisters or in-laws. The first thing that made me raise my eyebrow were the pants hiked up right under their breasties, then the mismatched shirts with scarves and funky jackets AND one woman was sporting aviator glasses. And no they were NOT the style you'd ever want to buy, they were tinted this puke yellow/orange. blech! Then to further embarrass the kids they were with they followed most of them around telling them they could or couldn't do this. Which- I get. I do the same thing to Ayden sometimes. The difference is I don't hover and I don't get scared when my toddler goes down the slide or walks past the slide or tries to go down backwards on the slide. One of the older kids got stuck on the bars you climb across and I swear as soon as they heard him fuss all of them swarmed him from all directions. Maybe not swarmed- waddled quickly with purpose to his rescue, even though just ONE person could have helped him... or better yet, he was like 7 or 8. He could have helped himself!  

2 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

That beanie is so cute! You need to teach me. I need to get back into knitting!

Sheri said...

It brightens my day to see pictures of the boys all smiling and having fun with their dad. I am glad he is feeling better. These are such fun times for you and kids... I know it seems it will last f o r e v e r.... but it really doesn't. Thank you Jennifer and McKay for bringing us so much joy and happiness by having children and having fun with them.
LOVE MOM & DAD