Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's here



Well, there's no getting around it. Fall is here. The crisp smell of winter is in the air, and has been officially by my book for about two weeks now. The leaves are changing colors- rather sad for the leaves to be honest. We celebrate the beauty of their death. Most beautiful death I've ever seen, that's for sure!

As as result of the dying leaves (bless their souls.) :) and sharp air I have grown increasingly desperate to get my children outside! I have come to the realization that being trapped in my house all winter with two boys is about the equivalence to receiving the death penalty. YOU imagine yourself being stuck in a house with no backyard and two children, ages 2 1/2 and 9 months, for the winter! I get an anxiety attack just thinking about it. So, after much (*cough* not really) deliberation on how to resolve this problem, I have decided that Ayden will be put in a winter class of some sort, be it swimming lessons, gymnastics or little ninjas, I don't care! We WILL get out of the house.

Believe it or not, the last paragraph was not the sole purpose for this post! I really wanted to talk about what us boys HAVE been doing in our desperation to get outside.

  • We've cleaned the Moped. Which of course was more like Ayden running around the parking lot, stopping occasionally to push Ethan in his walker. I don't fully trust just letting him crawl all over the road. Can't imagine why. . . :) And then me actually cleaning the Moped. Ayden tried to help, but decided the water was 'hot! It's hot Mommy' and went back to pushing Ethan, killing bugs and jumping in puddles.


  • We also dug up the plants I had out front. Its getting cold enough outside that they're dying and I don't want to pull them up when they've rotted. Yuck. Ayden enjoyed this part very much! He's pick all the leaved and put them in the bag, then he'd find several earwigs that I'd uprooted while pulling up the whole plant and naturally he's moosh them! Those thing NEVER had a chance. I don't care though. I hate earwigs. Sickly little bugs. Ayden's shoes must have looked like the elephant graveyard from the Lion King.
 

  • And the last thing we did was remove our window A/C!! Yay, we have our window back! Ayden and I walked behind our townhouse and played in the little strip of grass back there. He enjoyed being pulled through the window several times while I fought with the air conditioner trying to get it out of the window. It was awkward and heavy for its small size. Glad its done though. We don't have an annoying little breeze sifting in any longer! And no more spiders deciding that the A/C is a good entry point into our home. Hopefully, when it gets warm enough again I can get it back IN the window!
 

  • The last and by far MOST exciting thing we've done outside is annihilate all the spiders' webs over our door frame, window and siding! We had NO mercy. I don't have a broom to sweep them off with... if that's even what you're supposed to use to get rid of spiders' webs. I don't know. Ayden and I used a bucket of water. Correction. BUCKETS of water. We grabbed a few cups and then drenched our window, our walls and our door frame. The door was closed! Ayden didn't exactly throw the water strong enough or even in any particular direction to make any headway with our goal. Lucky for him I was having just as much fun spraying water all over the place as he was and the job got done. Its amazing how much nicer our doorway looks now that there are no more webs. And no our webs did not look as pretty as that picture. The one's around our house were bug infested and ratty.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm in the same boat! We just swapped our AC unit out and dug the oil heaters out of the closet.. I'm so excited!!