Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas Spirit


The Christmas spirit *I googled Christmas Spirit and that's the photo I got. Fitting enough for me* has certainly weaved its way into my heart already. I know! I know! Its not even Thanksgiving. But I can't help it. I just love Christmas. Now as more of an adult than I was 10 years ago... or for that matter just one year ago. No I do not classify myself as an actual adult yet. I don't want the responsibility that lies behind that one word. Digressing! Aaaaand moving on. What I was originally trying to say here was that as a child and teenager, Christmas was really all about the gifts. I am a little ashamed of myself now. This was not because my parents made it out like that for us, we did the twelve days of Christmas for needy families.


We re-enacted the classic manger story. We read from a book almost every night about Christmas stories of giving, loving and caring. My parents did a wonderful job of showing me what the season of CHRISTmas was all about. As an almost adult or an adult in denial of being an adult- I finally get it.

My heart if full of the love this season brings. And yes the phrase 'my heart is full' is truly the best description of how I feel. I want to sit at home and listen to Christmas music.

I want to hear songs from Santa Baby to Silent Night to The Grinch because it really does make me so happy!I can't be in a bad mood with Christmas music playing. My two little boys are still just experiencing this season, this will be Ethan's first Christmas and Ayden's third. Ayden is beginning to love the music.


He'll enthusiastically dance around the house when the Tran-siberian Orchestra blares Carol of the Bells from our computer while Ethan will stand against the couch bouncing up and down, right now that's the extent of his dance moves. Ayden's making little snowmen out of his toy balls. "Look Mommy!" and "Mommy watch, its a 'noman" (noman= snowman) are normal things I hear.





People are beginning to hang their Christmas lights. It is so beautiful. I can't help but stop or slow down my car when I pass rows of trees wrapped in red sparkling lights or coated in snow.

There is a home I pass with blue snowflake lights standing across their lawn. I can't get enough of it. I'd surely get in a car accident if started to snow heavily while I was driving, not because of losing control of my car, but because I would be so distracted by the snowflakes. I could sit and watch one snowflake rise and fall in flurries with millions of others and feel completely satisfied with how I spent my time. Christmas mesmerizes me.



I get to see people wearing peacoats and scarves. Gloves and boots. All cozied up and warm. My two little children wearing their snow gear, reminding me of the little boy from the Christmas Story.


Cute little Ethan in a jumpsuit made to withstand any natural disaster and Ayden stylin' more than Mckay and I in his plaid snow pants and matching coat. I cannot wait to take Ayden sledding. Utah never disappoints when it comes to snow and little sleds are a dime a dozen.

I wish I could let you see through my eyes and feel what I feel when I get this way. It is a blessed feeling. Perhaps its because I'm an artist- yes I use that term loosely- that I feel the way I do about the things that I see. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the blessing of sight and for a particular fascination with how each snowflake is different *supposedly* or how glorious little twinkling lights look. You want to talk about an amazing artist. Forget Van Gogh and Monet or Picaso. God is the most perfect artist I know. He sweeps me away with all of the beauty he's created.


I love this Season. We get to honor Christ. We get to serve others. We get to celebrate with family. We get to feel like I do now! We get to be blessed abundantly. Allow Christmas to suck you in!

No comments: