Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Costume time!


What is awesome about Halloween? I have to say everything!! I love Halloween. It is so much fun to dress up and go out all night partying. Eating crap candy, skeleton shaped veggies, spider cupcakes, caramel apples, apple cider or wassail. There's cute little trick-or-treaters all over the place. And of course my own cute little trick-or-treaters! ...........and maybe the other kids running around aren't exactly. . . little. They're actually mostly too old for trick-or-treating and they take more than one piece of candy. When I said you could have one I meant you could ONLY have one. Not one of each type! And the. . .er. . . partying all night thing... I guess we party all night if it counts as McKay, our friend Chris, the boys and I shuffling around the house trying to find something to do. But really- I LOVE Halloween!


We had a company party. Each department at work gets to decorate their area and then prizes are handed out to the best decorated, or most scary, or coolest theme. My department is somewhat lacking in their artistic abilities.  The photo above? With the streamers and my little lion? Yeah- that's about as decorative as my department got. Pah-fe-tic! *pathetic* I've decided that next year Amber and I will be in charge. She works there too and we are sick of the embarrassing set up we always have. There were some departments that were pretty cool. One place actually brought in a couple of fountains, made a pond, had a bridge and bushes and "animals" with the theme 'Haunted Swamp'. It was pretty impressive. One area was themed 'The Night Before Christmas' others just had massive black plastic draping from the ceiling with either blood, creepy dolls, or other strange patterns highlighted with black lights. Ayden wasn't too thrilled about going through one that had a fog machine in it. At least the places that were supposed to be scary did a good job of not scaring my toddler. Ethan could care less. He was just curious.

By the time we were finished trick or treating around the building Ethan was about clocked out. He had lost the bottom half of his costume since he was so nice and toasty and Ayden had filled two little felt buckets full of candy as well as our pockets. It was a good day.



Once Halloween actually rolled around Ayden and Ethan had both collected runny noses from other children at the company party. Eh, it was bound to happen. We made bank on Halloween as well. I mean- look at that face. Who can say no to such a cute face?

You could? Ok fine... how about these faces!?






Ok ok, I know that at least GG-Pa can't say no to their cuteness. And neither can the two wards we trunk-or-treated to. If for some reason you don't know what that is. Imagine going to a church parking lot and everyone's car trunk is facing out. Some are decorated and some are not and then each car has a bowl of candy you collect out of. And a picture is linked if you're really curious.

They're really fun and a safe alternative for someone like me that has a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old.

The churches here in Utah are close enough to walk to. So, naturally we walked and as soon as McKay mentioned that Ayden was walking too slow and that on the way home he would carry him on his shoulders, Ayden stepped in front of him and stuck his arms in the air. "Det up? der ur igup solders? Det up solders?" And yes- we understood about half of what he said too.

Trick or treating is pretty tiring though.




GG-Pa was making sure Ethan got his fair share of candies.
And after a looong day of trunk or treating at GG-Pa's ward and then our own ward we went home and chilled. We also learned that our little lion is not a meat lovin lion but instead a bread hunting and loving lion.
This year we only got two trick-or-treaters. It was pretty nice actually.

No comments: