Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Office Politics

This subject has been on my mind lately. And I'm sure that my words won't exactly be polite, because in all honesty; I detest office politics. There are a few things that stick out the most to me.

Sucking up! You have to do it and you have to do it right!: If you don't suck up to your boss then you most likely will not go anywhere within the company. If you suck up to your boss and it looks fake, then he/she hates you, because you look fake. . . even though most the other people are sucking up too, you're just the one that doesn't look convincing at it.

The office rat, there's always one... or two.... or three: Why they feel obligated to rat on their fellow co-workers is a mystery to me! With my working history I have never felt it my duty to tell on people that aren't following the rules. Yes I'm going to get specific here. One place I worked didn't allow internet usage. I never found myself morally obligated to tell on people when they got on the internet- if I had I'd be telling on practically everyone- including myself! But there was always that one co-worker that just HAD to tell the boss when he/she saw something against the rules. This one could also be categorized at the "teacher's pet". No one likes the "teacher's pet", so would you please get off the floor and stop licking your bosses shoes.

I'll be nice to your face, but behind your back I'll be trashing you: Cue the picture!

yeeaaah. . . I don't know how often men do this, seeing as I'm not a man. But I know women do and I know women I have worked with have trash talked me before. "Why can't she just listen?!", "Why can't she just do what you tell her and not argue?", "Why is she so rude?. . . oh.... hey Jen! Its good to see you!" Maybe I'm just an awful person, but if you disagree with something I'm saying, then say it to my face. I've only had one person I can think of that has actually disagreed to my face and I respect her more than anyone else I've ever worked with. The people that are usually talking about one person behind their back, are usually doing it behind a lot of people's backs. How is anyone supposed to trust you when they hear you trash talk someone?

Oh we must not forget those people that make themselves look good by making other look bad: I had a boss once that would blame her employees for her mistakes. We would take her instructions and follow through and if she forgot something and we didn't follow protocol; she would tell her boss that she told us and we just didn't follow the rules... aaand then we'd get in trouble. Well that's just a crap shoot of a deal.

Oh and if you didn't already know, you're nothing but a little peg/bug/nothing to a company: They don't give a crap if you're a single parents, or if you have a family to care for, or if you're husband or yourself is sick. If they know they can't get sued or that you won't sue, then they'll most likely fire you if you've lost your value to the company. Which I need to remind you is probably zero anyway. There is nothing close to 'family business' in companies any longer!

They want money, money, money, money! They don't care about the people involved that help them get the money. When I actually get into my career, I will be saying sayonara to large companies.... at least I PRAY I will get to do that.

The ohhh so famous double standard: Do as I say, not as I do. Hmmm... Ok, so you're saying that we're not allowed to do this or that, but because you're above me in the company you can, because you're more privileged. Or because you've earned the 'right' to. Example: No one gets to be on the internet, but because I'm your boss. I can get on anytime and you can't call me on it, because, well I'm your boss... or No going past your break time, 10 minutes only! That's all you get! If you go beyond that too many times, even by a minute; I'm going to have to write you up. I'm going to hate it, but I have to. Its my job. *suure, so why do you sometimes leave an hour early? Or don't come back after and hour or longer?* How does a boss expect to gain respect when they can't even follow the rules they've given out. Even if they don't pick the rules, they should still follow them. You want respect, then don't ask your employees to do anything you don't want to do.

And last of all, at least of all that I can think of at the moment, here is a cartoon that perfectly demonstrates one of the MOST annoying things I sometimes feel I get sucked into:

The End. Buh- Bye.

No comments: