Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

War

Ethan. *This is to be said with an arch nemesis air about it. Slow drawn out low voice.*

He has recently taken it upon himself to test gravity, as if it didn't exist before he was born. He would throw his food on the ground, throw his toys off high places, simply drop something only to wait for someone to pick the something back up again so he could drop it.... and today, he was throwing his bath toys out of the bath.

Normally I'm not AS bothered about this as I was today. He would stand up, give me this maniacal laugh and huck a squishy, soapy letter at my feet. Not thrilled with his naughty, I picked the toy back up and threw it at him telling him to keep his stuff in the bath! He laughed some more and threw a few more letters out. *my eyes began to twitch- or if they didn't, then they should have!* I picked the toys up again and tried to throw them so they'd stick to the wall. They didn't. He grabbed them again and sloshed them out of the tub soaking my feet and the bathmat. *More fake eye twitching!* I was on the verge of destroying every last of his toys in a torturous event. But I controlled myself and picked up the toys ONCE AGAIN and put them in the tub. Sternly telling him NO! while swatting the toy he had already lifted out of the water, out of his hand, before he could once again eject it from his bath. This is where I sat down to watch him play some more with Ayden, inwardly fuming.

Naturally a 12 month old has no idea what anyone is saying and doesn't listen on purpose! Sooooo... knowing FULL WELL that it will annoy me, he picks up three more alphabet letters and throws them at me. This time with some water and more bubbles.
 {Lets pretend it doesn't have that text there.}

I'm about ready to lose my head and he can't stop laughing! I pick up. every. stupid. letter. and bop him on the head with each one. He just looks up at me nonplussed and gathers up not only the letters now, BUT a FiShY tOy!!!! and proceeds to throw it out of the tub laughing like a crazed maniac!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

He MUST have a death wish! Because this was NOT in any realm, funny to me. It was the last straw, I grabbed the shower curtain after I'd put all his toys back in the tub for the umpteenth time, and pulled it shut. I hear giggling, splashing, and some rustling about. I had decided for my sanity and Ethans safety to walk out of the bathroom at this time. I turned around to listen to him play while out in the hallway only to see this little hand poke out from behind the curtain and drop his red fishy on the ground. The hand then disappears and the insane baby giggling commences. He then ripped the curtain back, smiling full of happiness, excitement and eagerness at what my next step in his game would be. I couldn't help but laugh. He was having a crazy great time while I was about to hang him for heinous and despicable crimes. Gosh he's so lucky he's so dang cute!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

i just have to laugh.... only because... I have played this game before. What makes me laugh now is that... hello.... we are being played!!! Oh yes... we (the parent) are the best part about this whole game. If we took ourselves out of the equation this game would not be near as fun. All part of learning. I promise by the time they are older... the whole toys, tubs and mom watching them will disappear!!
LOVE MOM