Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Royalty

My kids don't know it, but they get treated like royalty. They get the highest treatment! Their food is made for them and brought to them. In some cases it is even fed to them, at least in E's case this is true. Someone changes their messed pants or for A, he gets rewarded for having a bowel movement. I don't get rewarded for that! I just get the satisfaction of losing the urge to pee or more.
yay for stickers!

They get tucked in. They get carried. They get everything and anything they need. And they especially get Kingly hats!
And all in all they just have to sit around and enjoy life since they are the 'bosses' after all. 

A reminds me of this fact nearly every hour of every day.
He'll stand on his throne of cheerios and point to me:"You tum here now Mommy." 
Me, annoyed because he's said it again: "I don't think so, you don't talk to me like that."
A has apparently forgotten his punishment from the last time he tried this stunt and replies sharply: "Tum here!!"
Me giving him one more chance: "Excuse me, you are not the boss around here."
A still not getting it: "NO!"
And the wrath of Mommy falls on his head. Its a beautiful cycle. And I still love my boys and I still think they really do run the place. But I'm not going to tell THEM that.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Hello... Yeah... If we would have known how great we all had it when we were younger... we would have enjoyed it even more!! Just remember there was ONCE a day when you used to say "jump" and someone said "how high". Those days just didn't last as long as we would have liked.
I am finding this attitude of...royalty... is the same for new puppies. : ) He wants to be Alpha!! We are trying to help convince him otherwise.
Your boys are very cute and fun I would have a most difficult time not helping them in their desire to be royalty. Grandma would get them whatever they wanted : )
Love ya MOM