Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Toddler bed for the new toddler

A few days ago I decided to change Ethan's crib into his toddler bed. It was a lapse of insanity or perhaps boredom. Maybe both! But so far, it's actually NOT as bad as I thought it would be. He does fairly well with staying in his crib when he realizes that Mommy means business. The first day was all a party to him. We took the crib apart and reassembled it into his little bed!
Ayden and Ethan played in it for a few hours. I'm not sure what the appeal is, but I guess something that seems new is exciting to play with. As soon as bedtime came around I was pretty worried we'd have a long night ahead of us. And of course I was right.... I stuck him in the crib and just as fast as I put him in, he crawled out.
Instead of fighting him, we said prayers. This way Mommy didn't lose her head and Ethan could do the same routine he watches Ayden do every night. He was very good at promptly stuffing his face into his bed like his brother does. His arms are folded under there too!
After prayers we tried again to put him in his bed and this time; I let him know party time was over.
As you can see he's still very excited about his new bed. He couldn't hold still very long. He did a very good job laying there while I stood over him and told him to stay there, but as soon as I left, he would hop out of bed and whenever he heard the door open he'd squeal and run back to his bed. It was fun maybe the first two times and then it stopped being fun for me. I made sure Ethan knew he was to stay there. He didn't agree with my rules and was not a happy camper when he found out it was really bed time and he couldn't leave his bed.
That night I found him asleep with is head hanging off the edge of the bed between the bars. Needless to say he had an army of pillows on the ground after that just in case he fell off.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I love this play by play action for helping Ethan adjust to his new bed.... I am guessing he is getting the hang of it and not fussing about it now. Fun story
Love MOM