Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hee Haw


This last weekend we went to Hee Haw Farms! I went last year with the boys and it was loads of fun despite the rain and penetrating cold, so we decided to go again this year! It was nice and sunny and perfect this time around at least. . . and we had more friends that came with. :)
We first posed by steroid mutant pumpkins! The one's they'll drop on a car from a huge crane and crush it to death! We didn't go on the date that that happened. Maybe next year.
Then we all headed over to the trick or treat hay ride. E was not sure what was going on, but he was excited to be with everyone.
Aunt M was just as excited as A was about the flying candy!

After that we found the slides! Everyone had to give it a try.

I should have gotten a picture of it, but about halfway down this slide, there's a gaping hole in the ground, one false move off the side and you'd be under the slide in a hole that was an unknown depth. That didn't really stop anyone though.

They have this homemade 'train' ride for the kids and we decided to all hop in and ride since no other children were there but mine! A was not interested in going on the train- probably because just before this we forced him into a 'terrifying' blow up maze that he had to run through... and now, he's trying to be mad at us.
 So if you look hard enough you can see Aunt M at the front, then my cousin KD and little E, then myself, A and my cousin's hubby, CD
Even after we were finished bouncing the crap out of our bodies over the dusty, rocky path, A still did not want to smile. Look how hard he's trying to stay serious! He definitely is my stubborn, cute little 3 year old.

I'm going to have to say that my favorite part, besides watching my kids play, was the petting 'zoo' area. 
 I could tell some elaborate story about how I chased this chicken down and corned it and the heroically caught it for my kids, but honestly, the fat thing just stood there and let me pick it up; that story goes with the other chicken that I could never catch- I DID corner it, but then it ran away with it's freaky fast chicken legs! :) Either way, my kidos got to enjoy petting the "duckeee!" as E called it.


 There's rabbits in there. They both just stood there staring at them until Daddy M could trick the rabbits to getting close to the door so we could grab one.
 See! I'm not the only one that tried to corner the animals! They were smarter than me and teamed up though. This is my cousin and... cousin-in-law? Is that even a thing?? cousin-in-law. hm.
 Aaaand here's the rabbit, I managed to pull out for A to hold after his Daddy pushed them toward the door. He was so excited to hold it, until it tried to squirm out of his arms and scratched him a little. Rabbit time was done after that. If McKay and I ever get some property, maybe we'll buy some rabbits for the boys. They are pretty cute!
Aunt M found a piggy laying in a mud hole one of the animals dug out. It didn't really want to be bothered, but he... or she tolerated us long enough to get a picture and a few pets in. 

After we finished with the petting area, we found a few more things to play on and wiped out the kids... and the adults a little more.
 ridiculously slow slide that E loved.
 Another slide that A loved!
And some tire-horse swings that both my boys did not want to get off of. Especially E, he was perfectly satisfied just sitting there chilling. Eventually A did find another place to play. I kind of wanted to join him. If only I wasn't such a germ-a-phob!
 The corn box! With the kids eating the corn and throwing it everywhere.... great fun.... and kind of disgusting. But we didn't care!
We were happy, tired and had a great sunny day!!!!

2 comments:

KC Dumas said...

These are great! I think I like M's face the most in these pics... she looks MORE excited than A for the candy. haha, and the painful train ride, gotta love what we do (or would do) for our kids. :)
ps- call me if you ever want to double sometime...

Sheri said...

That looks like the coolest place. I would have loved to have been there. Your weather for the day looks wonderful.
LOVE YOU GUYS
MOM