Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Pretty in Purple

I'm in a pretty peachy mood this morning despite the fact that the weather outside is chilly, the sky is full of grey and black clouds and it's been drizzling on and off outside since I woke up! Still feeling peachy!! Maybe it's because the holidays are just around the corner!! The leaves are changing colors. I get to dress my kids up as Thing 1 and Thing 2 for Halloween. I get to gather my fall decorations and finally put them out again! I. am. thrilled!

Not much has really been going on in our home, we've just been going on with our same old routine, but luckily for me, along that regular routine are some fun moments.

A few weeks ago, E decided he did not want to eat on the counter, he wanted to eat on the floor in the kitchen on our rug. Being the wonderful mother that I am, I just put his lunch on the rug and let him have at it. I went about my business not paying much attention to what he was doing... until I realized it was quiet, too quiet. Any parent- and almost any non parent knows that if a child is being quiet, then they're most likely doing something naughty or they've fallen asleep. Lucky for me! E had just fallen asleep mid-meal! Nothing sinister was going on here!
 If you look in the  background here you can see my crutches, which meant that I couldn't lift him up and carry him to bed. So.... being the fantabulous Mother that I am, I just collected one of his blankets and wrapped him up like a caterpillar in a cocoon and left him on the floor. :)
 *   *   *
Buzz lightyear is a favorite toy around here. He will often go with A and E everywhere. About a week ago, Buzz was left alone. I stumbled upon him laying on my rug, looking quite provocative.  
I am still wondering why my children made him pose like that...
*   *   *
A likes to watch me paint my fingernails. Sometimes I will paint one of his nails and he just loves it! One night, one of those nights where things are too quiet- and no one was asleep this time!- M and I stumbled upon sitting on our bed with my purple sparkly fingernail polish going to town on his hands!! AHHHHHH! OUR COMFORTER!!! M swooped over grabbed the polish that was THANKFULLY not tipped over and handed it to me. A was quickly collected and taken out of the room. He was quite proud of the work he had done on his nails and enthusiastically showed us.
Lucky for us, only a little bit of polish got onto our comforter and it only looks like glitter. Not polish. WHEW!!
A sure loves his purple glittery nails/fingers. :)

No comments: