Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Friday, March 11, 2011

You Take the Good, You Take the Bad.

I feel that it is only appropriate to tell you about the good in my life after you have gotten to read all about the not so good in my last post. So tonight at midnight, because I cannot fall asleep after eating 3 rolls and a handful of candy, I am going to share with you, in pictures, the good in my life and not all of the typical good you get from most people. You know like, God, husband, children and family in general. No. I am going to share this:

Bubbles

Green Fields

Sunny Skies

Cloud Gazing

My warm cozy bed

The art of masters and my own skill.

My popcorn!

And cucumbers.

A good laugh.


My nice legs. I look slamming in high heels. And no those aren't my legs, I'm actually not conceited enough to take a picture of my own legs and post them on here.

And wildflowers. Because I get to plant some soon. Just look how beautiful they are.

My life is good, my life is bad. It sometimes feels like the bad shows up more than I want it to, but I am learning how to push it back and away. It is so much easier to be happy than to be sad all the time. I have faith that someday things will fall into place in my life. I am lucky enough now to have a few things that have finally fallen into place, now I'm just waiting for those milestones to get there. :) I hope that some of you can draw comfort from my imperfections and sometimes temporary overwhelming obstacles. I hope this can make you feel like it is alright to feel sad for things, alone some days, overwhelmed by small things, uninspired, angry at life, or angry just for the sake of being angry. It's ok to feel. Just don't let the blue feelings take over the other feelings. Yesterday I was blue, but today I am red, yellow, and orange! I am ok with where my life is, I am ok with my kids, my home, my decorations and my personality. Today I am glad to be me. Hopefully I can hold that thought close to my heart and keep reminding myself that I am glad to be me, because I have a lot to offer to myself. 

2 comments:

Hugs & Loves, Ariel said...

nice to see you looking at the positive!!

"You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget. Learn from mistakes, but never regret. "

- Unknown

;)
Hugs & Loves, Ariel

p.s. you should join in on this link up called fawk you friday, its a post all about your rants for that week and you get to link up with others!

http://www.boobiesbabiesandablog.com/
is the host!

Sheri said...

You got it sister!!!!