Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Seasoned warrior or total noob??

So this is my own kicking myself off my high horse! I've been feeling pretty good about myself as far as parenting goes! Thinking that I have all the answers when it comes to any child two and under. And I need reminding that I really am a total NOOB when it comes to being a parent.

I mean, I'm not all about a healthy and well balanced meal every day for Ayden... ok let me rephrase- I am all about that stuff! BUT I am a crummy cook. And when it comes down to it, plain and simple. I'm L-A-Z-Y. I'm just glad for the time being that he's too little to notice that Mom makes macaroni and cheese every night or pb&j's- there's still hope that I could potentially evolve into a good cook.

It has taken me two years to fully FULLY accept changing diapers. I used to fight it sooo much! Poor Ayden would wander around with a full diaper for sometimes a few hours, just because I was so annoyed that I had just barely changed it and he'd filled it only five minutes later! Argh- that is still one of the most annoying things! But at least now I'll just change him and get it over with.

I don't follow what my pediatrician tells me... sorry Dr. Wynn! But Ayden does often watch more than an hours worth of television every day. Ayden bugs me all the time- he throws stuff at me. He says 'NO' more times than I ever thought someone could in one day- let alone one hour! He tries to get me to hold all of his stuff, sounds cute right? Not when he tries to do it ALL the time and if I don't hold it for him, he throws it. If Ethan starts crying and I'm not in the mood to deal with it- he is swiftly taken to his room where he can cry his little heart out. Now- I love my both my boys to death! But when you're around someone literally ALL day- things do start to get annoying.

When Ayden is in a bad mood... I, like a sister, like to sometimes egg him on. He doesn't like to be touched when he's mad, so I'll poke him. And NO I don't know why I must do this. I don't know what on earth would make me want to make my two year old get all worked up.

I forget to do family home evenings... often. The intent is there! I just forget! Lame excuse, but I have work at 8pm and am usually getting ready for that. tsk tsk tsk

So. . . my confession. I am still a NOOB when it comes to parenting. Although if you try to tell me I'm a noob at being a Mommy, I will argue against that to the fullest!

Sidebar: this doesn't really have to do with my parenting or mothering skills- but it does seem to fit in this post. This is more my personality thing.

I don't care if you have 10 kids and all of them have grown to be outstanding people, or if you have two kids like me and they happen to be a bit older than mine. . . I do NOT WANT your parenting advice! I don't want you to tell me that I shouldn't be feeding my son this food or that if he's making that noise, then it must mean this! I don't even care if you're right to be honest. Pleasem tell me how to raise my kids when your kids are younger than mine or if you don't have any at all. Of course there are acceptions to this rule- if I ask for your help. Obviously I want it or if you're my pediatrician, I will most certainly listen, I may not act upon the advice, but I will listen. But all other times, I really don't!

Oo Oo, even better. When I am telling a story about either Ayden or Ethan and how good they are doing at any random thing- please one up me with a story. "What your baby isn't walking by now?! Mine starting walking at 6 months old!", "Your baby is just BARELY sleeping through the night?? Mine did that the first day we brough him or her back from the hospital!" *Thank you- I don't care. I'm still proud of my little boy and what he's doing.* And NO your kid is NOT the cutest one out there! I'm glad you think that- but I don't have to think it.

*also- this is not specific to anyone.*

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I liked reading your comments on being a mom/wife/human!! Pretty much sums it up. My question is what is a noob??? Cuz I think at times I am one too!
MOM