Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Festival of Colors!

McKay and I don't get out often, which is why you mostly see our kids on this blog. BUT McKay and I actually had a chance to get away for a few hours this last Saturday. So, what did we do? We went to the Holi Festival at Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple! It was spectacular, wonderful, cold, and dirty and I loved every minute of it! . . . except the cold. 

I'd heard of the Holi Festival last year from my sister I think, which is odd since she doesn't even live in Utah. She came down from Idaho with some friends of hers and they had a blast, so this year McKay and I bought some $4 shirts and carted ourselves down with some friends of ours, Chris and Amy.
Here is the before shot of our day. McKay is looking wisely off into the distance... or maybe he wasn't quite ready for the shot and was blinking. :) I like to think the first. 

Anyway, half of you on here are probably wondering what Holi Fest even is. A simple explanation is Holi Fest is to welcome spring and celebrate life. The Indian Dust that is blown around soon makes everyone look the same, no race, no colors, just people enjoying life. Kate explains it wonderfully and has some beautiful pictures of the festivities. If you have time you should check her    post    out.

Here is a very tame version of what went down. As we were coming around the hill driving up we could see a cloud of dust hovering just below the Temple. You can see people's shoes on the roof there.

Some of the after shots of the fun. We came late so we didn't get as caked as some of the people you see in the above photo.
People would walk past us and throw chalk our way. My friend Amy had someone smear it all over her face as she walked past. We were so clean compared to everyone else that we were desirable targets to assault.
Chris kept getting people throwing it at the left corner of his face.
McKay lifted me up like it was nothing.
I had to get a picture of the temple on our way out. Its so beautiful.
We saw this sign on our way out. "No Praking" I don't even know what that means!!
I hope a child wrote this sign. Because that's just embarrassing.
Amy caught McKay stealing a kiss on our way home. :)

This picture just does not do justice to how horribly he was hammered with chalk, BUT its still a great photo eh!
I know, gross feet. I just had to show you guys the pattern the chalk left there because of my shoes.

We had such a wonderful time. We danced a bit. Watched people crowd surf. Watched girls get tossed in the air, one was nearly dropped. And for some reason she wanted to be thrown in the air again! Next year we'll have to bring a lot more of our friends with us. And get there on time so we can enjoy the full scale chalk massacre.

1 comment:

Meredith Williams said...

That looks super fun! I have been wanting to go every year, but we have never actually done it. Does it cost to get in?