Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Cuddling

Cuddling. Doesn't that word just make you smile. You get to be all cozied up to someone you love and just lay there content. I'm usually watching a movie when I cuddle. That seems to add to the contentment for me. Unfortunately in our house, cuddling for long amounts of time is a rarity. I'm specifically talking about cuddling with my kidos. McKay and I could cuddle all night if we wanted. Granted we'd both wake up feeling like we'd just slept in a heated oven, but we could do it! Our cuddling usually only lasts until both of us are ready to actually go to sleep, making it not very long, but also not a rarity and thank goodness for that. Because no offense kids, but I like cuddling with your dad the best.

During the day, the last thing on my mind is when to find time to sit down and cuddle with my kids. Maybe it needs to be higher priority? I not sure. I just know that between getting them food every few hours, constantly cleaning the house, playing with them, trying to take me time during nap, maintaining obscure parts of the house (washing windows or walls), cleaning the messes they make and then cleaning the messes I make..... cuddling seems to get lost in the fray. So when we do cuddle its rare! and its even more rare that I get photos!!
He was trying to tell McKay that he wanted to take the picture.
 Doesn't that just make you ooze of precious feelings!!!

Ok for reals now Ayden, lets watch the movie.


*snicker snicker!*
Ok! One more picture!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I love those cuddle moments.... And they are fleeting as you know.....I can't get Nathan or Daniel to cuddle with me any more..... Dad still will : )