Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Egg hunt, cold air, crazy parents part 1

I love doing things with my children! It is so much fun to run around and play with them. When you don't have children you don't really have much of an excuse to play on the jungle gym.  It tends to be a little more awkward when you get excited about getting your face painted when you're at the zoo when you have no kids as well. I guess what I'm really trying to say is, my kids are my excuse to be a kid again!!! Thank you boys.

This morning Ayden and I pulled our little tookus's out of bed and went to the Pioneer Park near our house. The Easter Egg hunt began at 10am and we were both SO excited to go! Ethan had to stay home and man the fort. McKay was too sick to go and I didn't feel comfortable bringing my 2 1/2 year old and 1 year old to a park full of children and setting them loose on the grass to run around when I was the only parent there. For some reason that just didn't sound safe to me.

The weather was not going to cooperate and we ended up sitting in the car until the egg hunt was ready. So we passed the time by goofing off.
Ayden's much better at the fishy face than I am.
At 9:50 we crawled out of the car and made our way to the 2 & under section where we stood freezing. The announcer came on right before the event and explained the 'rules'. "Parents make sure your children are in the right section for their age group, please remember that this is for the kids. No rushing or stampeding. And don't forget there are some golden eggs in each section. IF you get a golden egg you'll win a special prize. Don't forget parents, this is for the kids. Ready....set.... go!" As soon as those words came out of his mouth I saw a mother book it for the Golden Egg that Ayden and I had spotted. She snatched it up and then went back for her kid. . .
 *If you look really close you can see the gold egg under the left tree. Its the white spec in the dirt.*
wait did I miss something here? Didn't he JUST say this is for the kids?? What makes you think your child deserved the special prize over everyone else's child?! I hate parents like that. It completely ruins the fun and the sense of accomplishment for the kid. At least if the child had gotten it themselves they could have really been excited about that. Not to mention you look like a fool running for an Easter Egg in the 2 & under section when you're clearly over 30. Ayden and I disregarded the golden egg and started picking up the other one's around. He was so excited he barely knew what to do. His little eyes were bugging out of his head and for a second he just sort of ran around for the sake of running. I had to stop him and tell him to grab the eggs! He finally bent down to get one and a 6 or 7 year old was in our area scooping up all the eggs. She greedily snatched Ayden's egg out of his hand, so I stopped her and told her to give it back to him and to go to her age appropriate section and to stop stealing the eggs from the little kids. I have to admit I wasn't exactly nice about it. I was already annoyed at the injustice of the Golden Egg and the crazed Mom and I wasn't ready to tolerate any more cheating. I kind of wish greed was something that wasn't bred into every child. That little girl walked away with 30 or so eggs when most of the other toddlers in the area had 6-8.

All in all, Ayden had a blast and that's what was important.

I'm not sure what he's staring at, but he looks scared doesn't he! hahaha

After we had our fun at Pioneer Park we went home, showed Daddy our 8 eggs and drove off to Thanksgiving Point with Ethan. 
They had a small Easter Egg hunt there and I was able to record the end results of said Egg hunt.

Don't be fooled by the illusion of the sun. It was desperately COLD outside! 

No comments: