Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Temple Trip

My cousin was married this last Thursday. They were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple and it was a beautiful ceremony. I feel so blessed to be worthy to go to the temple with them to participate in their ceremony. It reminds me of how special and sacred the family is. It reminds me of my own sealing and how loved McKay and I were at our sealing.

McKay and I did things slightly backwards so at our sealing we had our son Ayden there with us. He was about 6 months old at the time.

I can still remember when McKay and I were sealed. We had just gone through the temple for the first time together a few weeks before, my heart felt full. Full of love and gratitude and thanks for my Heavenly Father and his love for my little family.

And then there we were; Kneeling across from each other on the alter. The room was filled with people we loved; Mom, Dad, Aunts, Uncles and Grandparents. As well as treasured friends from the community. The spirit in the room was abundant. I am sure there were others there from the other side supporting our decision. It was all I could do to keep from not crying.

And then she, dressed in white, brought my 6 month old son in. By this time there was not a dry eye. He was dressed in white as well and fast asleep in the arms of his caregiver. She delicately brought him to the alter to us. I could barely see, I was so overwhelmed by the spirit and love in the room. I know my Heavenly Father and Savior approved and still do approve of my decision to make my family an eternal one. During the entire ceremony Ayden didn't make a peep. He just lay there peacefully with us. I am so grateful that we were worthy and still are worthy to go to the temple. It truly is a little piece of Heaven on earth.

I am so glad that I was able to attend my cousins' sealing just so that the feelings felt at my own could be remembered.


I did get a chance to take some photos. I'm sorry to admit that I did not even get a chance to take one single photo of the man and woman of the hour, but I'll have to say that I was too preoccupied with own kids to really get a shot of them while I had the chance.


  We had some time before the sealing to walk around and take pictures and look at the beautiful scenery. Anyone, LDS or not, would appreciate how beautiful Temple Square really is.



Check out my awesome shoes!!! You know you wanted to see them. Admit it.

Oh look at that handsome smile. There's my little model man right there.


Their reception was very nice. It was at the top of a massive hill in Salt Lake. I'm pretty sure my car wasted about $10 worth of gas getting there. But the view on the way up was worth it. We had a view of all of Salt Lake City and the salt lake. I almost had the potential to meet Elder Uchdorf too. I guess someone saw him taking a walk outside, if I were at all creepy, I might have ran outside and followed him just to say hi. But I'm not. Lucky for him.

Ayden and 'tappa tappa' were best buds during dinner!
Ethan was hardly ever at our table. He was flirting with everyone in the room. I think he sat on about 4 or 5 individuals' laps before he made the rounds back to me.

The last photo here is one Ayden took. He is very proud of his work. Usually he ends up just flashing himself in the face, but this time he actually almost made a regular photo!


No comments: