Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Catching Up

I think this could potentially be the longest I have gone without posting something on here! In some sense this is a good thing because that means things are quite mellow around here, at least as far as my children go. However, this also means that I am too busy to write much. It is finals week and I've been swamped with a 10 page paper on the violence in media and the effect it has on children. A topic that I have always been passionate about and now that I have my own two boys, my passion has only grown. My next semester of classes will being on the 21st of this month. This is crazy to me! Where's the break? I would like at least a little breather between semesters! Am I wrong to desire this?? Because I don't think so. It would be wrong to go without saying that I am SO excited for this semester to be over. NOT because I am sick of it, quite the contrary. Who on earth doesn't like to learn about Christ's life and about the English language?? Anyone? There's probably actually a lot that would not care for the English part, but in my case. I love it! So far I have As in both my classes. I praaay that my grades stay that way after both my finals! In order to get into the Nursing program, you basically have to be an epically smart person. I am determined to be epic. Even if I'm not entirely so. Next semester I have Chemistry. I hope hope hope that my brain has matured enough to better understand Chemistry! In high school I think I had a high B in that class. I don't entirely remember though.

On another note, the boys are doing great. I took E to Nursery class today (a church class from the 18mo.-3yr olds) at the end of class the teacher asked me when his birthday was and then reminded me that he's not old enough to be in nursery yet. He'll be 18 months old in July. I could have sworn he was old enough now. Oops! My bad for not even knowing the age of my child. I guess he gets to sit with me for another month in my classes.... ohhhhh joy.

A is still being the same old A. He thinks he's the Mom. I'm fairly certain that he believes I don't do my job right half the time. I often hear him telling E. "Don't do that" (smack) "Bruder det down!" (donk) "or Eees... you tan't have dat!" (smack, donk, shove). A is often reminded through timeouts and flicked ears that he is not the boss and I have it under control. SINCE he is still receiving timeouts and the occasional flicks, it is clear he still thinks I am not cutting it as a discipliner in our home. My mother must be sitting at home somewhere inwardly grinning because she knows I DESERVE THIS. I can even remember times when I acted like the boss. I felt that if Mom wasn't there, someone had to deliver the punishment for the awful deed committed, little did I know that SHE was the only that was allowed to issue a timeout to anyone. Or discipline us for whatever ornery thing we were doing. A one day will get his come-up-ance. I'll hold onto that thought for as long as I have to. :)

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I am glad your classes are going well and that you enjoy them. That is great. I did laugh a tiny bit about the boss part. and thinking MOM doesn't quite have a handle on managing the household. You might have to check with Melissa about the bossy part.... she might have another point of view : ) Thanks for being there for Melissa I know she loves coming to your place. Happy paper writing.
LOVE MOM