Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New House!!!


There comes a time in a woman's life when she needs a yard to kick her kids into. That time came to me about 6 months ago when the full realization of the capacity of two very energetic boys came to it's climax and then went higher! Ayden is now 3 and Ethan is close to 18 months. They have more energy than I thought possible for a child! I knew I was busy as a kid, but it just seemed natural to do as much as I did when I was younger.

When it comes down to it, the getting under my feet so I trip over them, the crying because I closed the door to the laundry room, the nonstop questions until I answer them, and the screaming over who gets to hold the American flag was really starting to wear on my already thin Mommy patience. As a result, McKay and I began the hunt for a new place to live. This endeavor became a lot for complicated and stressful by our own 'livable' criteria. We had to have a dishwasher, we had to have a w/d hook-up, we needed a private backyard, and we wanted as much space as we could possibly afford. And so, the hunt began. And we saw crappy house after crappy house with terrible yards.... UNTIL, we found the place for us!
BEAUTIFUL YARD!! We have the front yard of the house, the backyard, another portion behind where I'm standing in this photo and then A GARDEN!! I'm absolutely thrilled!
If you can find the pots in each photo you should be able to somewhat follow the line the yard takes. On the other side of those two cars in this photo is the garden and more yard!!
(Other yard/garden in the back)
And the garden!! It had 3 large boxes that we will definitely need to weed first, but by this weekend we hope to have some already grown plants in our garden!

The only sacrifices we made were we do not have our own washer and dryer, but our downstairs tenant has one and if we schmooze her up enough, hopefully she'll share with us. And we also sacrificed the amount of space. BUT the inside of the house is nice. We have a loft, which is kind of fun and I'm a sucker for a sweet kitchen and as far as renting goes, this kitchen is sweet!! More pictures to come once we actually move in and take photos. I'm excited about this place. It has so many possibilities outside.

Clothes line, private yard, garden, patio, hammock, grill, patio chairs and table, garage, storage shed, private driveway for possible basketball hoops set up. All in all, it will help our family get away from electronics and enjoy the outdoors... and spare me my sanity while my kids get to release their energy outside instead of on me... and perhaps vice versa in some cases. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! I'm happy for you!

Sheri said...

I look forward to seeing your new place and playing in the yard... and laying in the hammock!!! MOM