Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Flowers, bugs, water and WOMEN

There is usually a mold for everything right? Or at least I thought so. Flowers have a certain way they grow and they always grow that way. They're ReAlLy good at it. They never mess up! Unless the idiot that planted them stops watering them. *NOT their fault!* I'm usually that idiot. Bees do their job flawlessly, humming from nectar filled plant to nectar filled plant. Water trickles down rocks into little streams with the rest of the water. It never tries to go upstream while the rest heads the other direction. Everything seems to have a way it does things. Humans on the other hand? What's our mold? Or more specifically in my case... Mothers- what is that mold supposed to be like?


Her house is clean, the dinner is ready at night and it wasn't made out of a box! She has a garden, she cans the food, her children are little angels. She goes to every football game, soccer game, dance recital... you name it she's there! She's the head of the PTA, the book club and is actively involved in church. She can sew like a genius, she is the best scrapbooker and record keeper. All the while looking like a Goddess.

Some of the women I even talk to are pretty good at doing a lot of those things. They brag about their garden. They brag about how much they were able to can this year. They share their 'infinite' wisdom with all of us less qualified Mothers. They talk about how smart their child is. "Little Timmy is the top of his class and I of course home schooled him for the first few years of elementary school!" and "Suzie could read before her third birthday! She's just so smart... Excuse me, your child is eating the sand again." Oh- uh...right. Boys knock that off, its only going to hurt coming out the other end!


I am NOT the right mold society has created for Mother's. PB&Js are a staple of our diet. My boys sometimes don't get out of their PJ's until the next day. They eat snacks all day. My house is a mess, the dishes stack up on me, I don't shower my kids every days. I would rather order out than make something. I don't look nice and beautiful every day. I look rather scrappy actually. *I bet some of you are just about horrified now! How could you NOT do that every single day!? What kind of a Mother are you??*




I'm that Mother --> Do you see her? The one flattened under the stand. At least when it really comes down to it, I love my children, I do my best, they ARE fed and fairly happy. I do NOT fit the mold. Instead of growing into a beautiful Sunflower, I ended up a dandelion. But heck- kids love dandelions too right!




1 comment:

Meredith Williams said...

Ha ha! This post was great. I was thinking about the same thing recently. Because I'm realizing I can't sew, or raise a garden. I thought it just comes once you're a mom! jk. At the end of the day when Bryan asked me what I have done all day most of the time I can't think of anything but feeding Evelyn and taking a shower. At least I'm keeping my daughter alive. That's all that matters right??