Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What Makes you Feel Loved?

I have been talking to a woman at work who has recently become engaged and she is reading The Five Love Languages for couples. It was interesting listening through her about what the book talked about.

We talked about how different people feel loved through different things. Some people are very physical, some like quality time or cute little gifts from their significant other in order to feel loved. I was curious to see what my 'love language' was and yes, too lazy to buy the book, so I searched online and found the quiz they offer at the end of the book. http://www.afo.net/hftw-lovetest.asp I thought some of you might actually be interested in taking it as well and put the website above.

For those of you wondering. :) Here is my love language results.

If you can't really see it. It says I'm 33% quality time and 30% acts of service. Those two things are most important to me. The rest... meh, its nice, but not my cup of tea!

So for those of you out there that want to make me feel happy and loved, which is really probably just McKay and my parents and in-laws AND relatives. Basically just family! You've got your golden answer! Spend quality time with me. :) Because yes, I DO like that. I am also a firm believer that you can't just make quality time. You have to be around the people you care about often enough and then quality time happens. Naturally things like baby showers, bridal showers, girls night out, dinner dates are all things that pretty much cover quality time... or at least in my head they do. It should be called quality time baby shower or quality time dinner date.

 

The other huge love language thing for me is 'acts of service', who doesn't like it when someone does something nice for them! Maybe I'll get McKay to read this so he can score some big brownie points. Then perhaps I will feel more inclined to cater to his love language, whatever that may be.

He needs  to take the quiz, even though I think I have a pretty good idea of what his love language is. ;)

2 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

This is funny you wrote about this because I'm reading the book at the moment. I make Bryan take the quiz with me (he hates it!)even though I know his love language and he knows mine ( ask him about the quiz next time and he would just roll his eyes! ha ha) But I think it is so good to understand each other and what makes each other feel loved. I scored just like you did.

Amanda said...

I had 30% Acts of Service, 27% Physical Touch, 20% Receiving Gifts. I guess I didn't get much in the "quality time" category because Chris and I work opposite schedules, so I'm kind of used to it.