Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A good man I never knew

A man I worked with died today. I am dumbfounded. Sad. Regretful. Upset. Upset with myself for not getting to know him better. I feel like I really missed out on a great friend. He was an older gentleman. He loved to tell stories. I wish I would have listened. He served in the military, what stories I bet he could have told! After the military, he was a police officer until he retired. A good man. Then, because of the highly successful progran called Social Security... he came out of retirement and took a position here at ancestry.com Inc. as a night guard. I do not know how many years he spent here, I do not know about his family; if he left his wife behind or if he has finally gone home to be with her. Whether or not he has children. But I do know that he was a good man- IS still a good man. I know that he loved people, and their smiles. He would take photos for the employees when they first started here and he would always comment on how beautiful peoples' smiles were. If you weren't so please with your picture he was happy to take it until you were satisfied, jabbering the entire time about nothing of consequence. I wish I would have listened.


Its interesting that when someone passes away, no matter how significant or insignificant they are in my life, it always make me take stock of my own, and the people in it. We only get one life and I pray with all my heart that I can live the rest of my future full-hearted and full steam ahead. Whether that means taking a lazy day watching the clouds float by or running myself from dawn to dusk. I want to finish or at least put a dent in my bucket list. There are too many wonderous things on this planet that I do not want to miss out on. I want to LIVE. I want to DO. and I want to be remembered. Good memories.

I knew Jim for maybe six months, saw him close to every night and spoke to him maybe ten times within that time frame. From that amount of interaction I was drawn to his pleasant demeanor. If that is all that people remember me for when I pass away, then that is good enough.

Here's to a good man.

No comments: