Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Snow, Snowman/woman and Snow Angels


I'm going to do my best to not write a lot on this post. I hope that the pictures will give you the feel of what we enjoyed by just looking at them- although! I cannot help but say a few things. There is nothing more magical in my life right now than to remember what it is like to be a child; to be excited about building a snowman and not care that your hair is slowly beginning to frizz. Or to be pulled in a sled through the snow. I get to plop down in the snow to make snow angels with my 2 1/2 year old. I get to go hunting for snowman parts. I get to stick my face in the air and catch snowflakes on my tongue. And best of all- I get to do all this with a little someone who is truly experiencing it for the first time!

First we'll start with the box that arrived that we could not keep Ethan off. And to be honest... why should we? He really loved it!


The fun stopped when Ethan began to eat the packing peanuts. Although I shouldn't be surprised- this is the child that spits up his formula, looks at it, rubs his hand in it and then lays on his belly so he can drink it back up. . . *BLECH!!!*


Pulling Ethan along, with his bottle, blankets and snow clothes. Can we say, it's a wonderful life??


Yes- yes, we can.

While Ayden and I made our snowman/woman thing, Ethan slept. Lucky guy!


It was necessary that our snowman thing had a third arm, Ayden is in fact installing it now. His own design of course; purely genius!

My favorite photo, it has such personality! *In case you were wondering- he's making a snow angel.*


Ethan woke up after a time and helped sculpt the snowman's bottom.

Me: "Ayden smile."
Slowly turns around to show off this face.
Me: "No- Ayden. Smile."
Nothing.
"Smile Ayden."
Same stink face.
"Please smile Ayden."
And he still does not even flinch or twitch toward a smile.
Once I took the photo, he went back to his business smiling from ear to ear.
What a goof.
*Oh- by the way, that is the finish product of our snowman/woman thing. If you look close enough I think you can see some funky lumps on the him/her.*


My two new favorite pictures I have with my kids!

1 comment:

Brooke Smith said...

What a fun day!! Your little boys are sooo cute!!! I love your blog!!!