Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Temple Square


We had such a fun time in Salt Lake this last Saturday for our anniversary. I am so glad my Aunt Kim lives so close by and was willing to watch our two little boys. I can't remember exactly what I put in my last post, but we went ice skating outside at the Gallivan Center first. I was expecting a larger ice rink, but it was alright. There were so many little children around that McKay and I had to be careful not to run over any little fingers. I was just so glad that we didn't have Ayden there with us to deal with. The lights around the outdoor rink were beautiful, in all honesty though, I wasn't paying much attention to them. I was more focused on hanging onto McKay's hand for support. :) I'm not a terrible ice skater and honestly I would have had more balance without holding his hand, but that defeats the purpose of ice skating with him! Plus, he keeps me sooo warm. I was also reminded of how glad I am that I'm not playing the dating game any longer. There were so many couples skating around flirting, acting nervous, clinging to each other annoyingly- which- incidentally IF you wrap your arms around your date and skate behind her AND you suck at skating, you will most likely fall and land on her..... but then again.... maaaybe that's what you were trying to do... eh hem. *cough*

After McKay and I finished skating we walked over to Temple Square. All of the three years that I have lived here in Utah, I have not been to Temple Square during Christmas. It was entrancing. The photos we took do not do justice to what we saw. It was so misty.  

While McKay and I were walking around enjoying the spectacular colors we stopped by the ever so famous posing block in front of the temple and joked about how he should kneel down a propose to me while everyone there waiting their turn to take their pictures, watches. And what d'ya know- as soon as we said that a guy kneels down and proposes. There were a bunch of people there clapping. I think I would totally hate that. Yeah its cute.... but wow.... not really original. I wonder how many people have done the exact same thing he's done. I tried to get a picture of the temple, but because of the mist I could not get a good shot.

See the mass of people there? Yeah- the happy little couple is in there somewhere. You can see the mist on my camera. I was hoping for a photo more like this one. But I don't have a nice enough camera and the weather was not cooperating.
Still, even though the photos were not that great. Just being there with McKay and seeing how beautiful it all was, was perfect for me.


We tried to walk where not many people were and found this pretty little pool of water off to the side of the other walkers. Whoever has the job of decorating Temple Square or designing the ground of the temple, better move over, because I really want either of their jobs.


The manger sitting in the middle of the reflective pool with candles floating all around.

I asked my sweet, sweet husband to get a picture of the whole tree behind me, but instead he opted for half the tree and half the temple. :)

I am so blessed to be married to McKay. He is so patient with me. He is fun, smart, ambitious, and a wonderful man, father and husband. It would be a terribly sad and lonely life without him in it.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

hey maybe if we come down to see the lights this year, we can meet you there and ill let you play with my camera and ill teach you how to get that picture lol :)

J and M K family said...

Yeah you totally have to let me know if you guys get a chance to come down! Because that would be pretty freakin' awesome!