Boys Boys Boys. . .

~Sept, 2012
We had some visitors over and of course A and E were bouncing off the walls. Head butting their legs, jumping on their back and freaking out. So I chucked them both in the kitchen and told them, "You are out of control." Angrily A turns to me, hands on his hips and snaps, "No Mom! YOU are out of control!"

~Aug. 2012
A comes up to me and tells me very officially, "Mom, I'm smarter than you. I'm not smarter than Dad, but I am smarter than you."

~July 4th, 2012
A and E were wrestling today and it was A's day. He was doing really good keeping his little brother subdued, although E put up a pretty good fight. Once they were finished, Daddy and I told E he did a really good job! He looked over at Daddy M angrily from the floor and said, "No, I din not!!" he flailed his arms on the ground and continued, "He's still alive!"

~June 2012
E and A were playing T-ball today with A's new gear. I of course laid down the rules. No hitting anyone with the bat. No swinging at the ball until every body and body part is clear. Simple enough. Not 5 minutes into it, I hear a blood curdling scream from A. E runs inside, eyes big, and says, "I din'n know what I was doing!" Big brother had a pretty good goose egg on his head.

Thanks for the Help

As most of you are aware, we're trying really hard to maintain our privacy on here, so if you can remember when you comment, to not use our real names if you know them, that would be great!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Emergency

Everyone experiences pain. Everyone has secrets. Some more painful than others. Sometimes it is easy to forget that people carry these secrets, this pain, this weight on their shoulders. I know I have. Maybe that girl in the car next to me has a loved one with cancer. Maybe that man I passed on my way to class is suffering with an incurable disease.That girl I see every day doesn't want to show people that she is hurting inside.

This weekend I have been reminded that people do carry hidden weights to those that do not know them. I found out last night, just as I was going to bed, that my Dad is in the ICU at Legacy Emmanuel Hospital in Portland.

A few days ago he went hiking with my brothers. He was complaining about some discomfort on his elbow. he came home with a swollen elbow, so my mom put ice on it. He rested and hoped the swelling would go down. It didn't. They went to the doctor, who thought it could  be cellulitis, which I guess means your cells break apart and expand- I could be wrong- they gave him antibiotics for it and he rested all day Sunday. He seemed fine, aside from being a bit out of it from the meds. That evening just as my brothers left for a church event, he told my mom he felt like passing. Since he was laying down she just told him to pass out, he wouldn't get hurt. So he did. But then his body postrated or went rigid like a board. His eyes rolled into the back of his head and his face lost all its color. My mom called 911 and they were rushed to a local hospital. They then decided he needed more severe attention and they took another ambulance ride to Legacy Emanuel Hospital where he was rushed into their ICU. They intubated him, got him attached to a ventilator and told my mom he was septic or that all his organs were failing from a blood disease. . .

This is when my brother called to tell me what was going on. He wasn't entirely sure himself, so I called my mother. On the other line I could only hear her crying. I told her I loved her and she could call me back. A bit later she called and told me what happened. I was in shock. Am in shock. It still does not feel real to me.

He was rushed to surgery to remove what they believe is necrotizing fascitis, a flesh eating disease.

This morning my Dad is out of surgery but he is still in the ICU with an intubator. He will be there all day and then he will go back into surgery again tomorrow to remove the rest of the disease. Then he will go into surgery again for a skin graft on his elbow since there was a lot of flesh removed.

 I pray that he will be ok. I feel like he will and I hope that feeling is true.

This is my hidden pain to those around me that do not know me. . .
I need lots of nice smiles and patience from strangers. :) And friends of course too.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

That is pretty much the story.... The good... no GREAT part is... it is NOT necrotizing Fascitis. Thanks the Lord... He just had a big chunk of infected skin from the back of his arm removed. He is still in ICU and will remain there for a few more days until his body has responded to all the meds, IV's, drugs given to him and he is more stable. Other than that he looks great.... he could use a shave though.

LOVE YA MOM